Frequently Asked Questions about the Selection Process
1. I’m currently a DPS employee. Do I need to reapply if I’m seeking a position within the EAA?
Yes, all individuals seeking a position within the EAA (including those individuals who are currently working in the 15 schools the EAA is overseeing for SY 2012-13) will need to complete an application.
2. What if I have trouble completing the application?
Please make sure you give yourself adequate time to complete each section of the application. If you do not fill in each required section completely, you will receive an error message prompting you to complete the missing sections. If you continue to have problems, please email us at email@example.com, or use the "contact us" link on the left side of this page.
3. What is the correct format for the resume?
Your resume MUST be in either Microsoft Word (.doc or .docx) or Adobe (.pdf) format. We do not accept resumes in Microsoft Works, Rich-Text (.rtf) or Word Perfect format. Please also limit your resume to 1MB.
You will receive a confirmation email as soon as you submit your application. Your application will be reviewed within 15 business days and we will inform you of your application status by email. All emails will come from firstname.lastname@example.org, so please continue to monitor your spam folder.
5. Where do interviews take place and what happens if I live out of the area?
All candidates seeking a teaching position will need to conduct a virtual interview (through Skype) and also an in-person interview at the EAA Central Office at 3022 West Grand Blvd., Suite 14-652, Detroit, MI 48202.
If you are selected to advance to the "Teacher Demonstration Day," you must travel to Detroit, Michigan in order to be recommended for hire to EAA principals.
6. How will I be notified about whether I have moved to the next phase of the selection process, or if my application is no longer being considered?
We will send all communication to the e-mail address you provided in your online application within 15 business days of completing each phase of the selection process. If you do not receive an update within 15 business days, please email us at email@example.com, or use the "contact us" link on the left side of this page.
7. What if I am recommended for hire but take a job elsewhere?
Please let the selection team know that you would like to withdraw your application by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and "Withdraw" written in the subject line of the e-mail.
8. Does the EAA offer relocation assistance?
No, the EAA does not offer relocation or housing assistance for teaching positions.
9. Do I need a Michigan teaching license in order to apply for a position within the EAA?
No, you do not need to currently hold a Michigan teaching license to apply to the EAA. However, you must meet all licensure eligibility criteria to obtain a Michigan teaching license before the start of the 2012-2013 school year. To determine if you are eligible, please visit the Michigan Department of Education's Facts on Educator Certification and the Michigan Test for Teacher Certification.
10. My question has not been answered here. Where can I get more information?
This PDF document contains a great deal of additional information about the EAA. Read through it and if your question is still not answered, you may contact us using the link on the left side of this page.